Following on from the previous post about BitShares Core 3.0 major release, there is a rash of new fixes and features right now for version 3.3.0. The last version 3.2.1 patch was released last month, details of which are on GitHub. In the below we take a look at what’s in the latest release candidate.
From the BitShares Core 3.3.0 release notes:
“The Core software is used to build the validation nodes that perform consensus of all transactions on the BitShares blockchain. This release includes additions and improvements but does not include any changes to the consensus protocol.“
You can check out the source – draft release notes here or simply read the summary explanations we’ve put together below.
What’s new in 3.3.0?
The release brings some much needed upgrades to existing features, even better performance, and extensions to new features such as HTLC. It is being recommended for both API and developer node operators, and the block producers (DPoS ‘Witnesses‘) which validate the network transactions.
API node operators will now be able to support clients that wish to:
- track the total amount in collateral,
- query for active HTLC objects, and
- optionally subscribe to database objects.
ElasticSearch and Witness node operators take note
Operators of ElasticSearch nodes can upgrade to get support for Get operation by ID and serving
Block producing nodes will benefit from being able to accept private key from a file.
Users of the command line interface wallet (CLI) will benefit from the ability to sign messages on behalf of their account (1878).
All Features and Functionality in BitShares Core 3.3.0
The changes for 3.3.0 Feature Release are summarized below.
|Description||Issue Number||Pull Request|
|Track total amount in collateral||1089, 1781,|
|1836, 1889, 1894|
|Add optional auto-subscription |
parameters to APIs:
|ES Plugin: |
Get operation by ID; support
New Node Functionality in 3.3.0
|Suppress p2p logs||978||1875|
|Witness node switch to correct fork on restart |
if was shut down on another long fork
|Remove seed node with missing DNS record||–||1879|
Node Plug-in fixes
|Fix market ticker volume underflow issue||1883||1885, 1933|
|Witness node accepts block signing keys from file||–||1812|
Command Line Interface Wallet (CLI)
|Put seed nodes into separate file||–||1809|
|Add htlc parameters to developer genesis||–||1833|
|Refactor CLI register_account and |
create_account_with_private_key commands, remove duplicate code
|Database_api code refactoring||–||1891, 1920|
|Clean up FC, support native 128-bit integers||998, 1584, 1660,1816||1789, 1917, 1927, FC-137, FC-140|
|Fix optional API argument bug||1898||FC-145, FC-146, 1912|
Where to learn more about the BitShares Core software
- Users documentation: How BitShares Works
- Developer documentation: On the new BitShares Developer Portal
- Previous release information including 3.2.0 on July 17th see https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/releases
Source of this article was taken from the release candidate notes which you can also find on GitHub here.
- DATE: April 3, 2020[Worker Proposal] 201910-bsip70 - Peer-to-Peer Leveraged Trading
- DATE: April 2, 2020[Committee Member] - Proposal for "agorise" to join the Bitshares Committee
- DATE: March 11, 2020[Worker Proposal] Bitshares UI, 2020 (6 months)
- DATE: March 11, 2020[Poll]BSIP87:Force Settlement Fee
- DATE: February 27, 2020[Committee Proposal] Set force_settlement_offset of bitCNY from 2 % to 5%